January 31st is the day to start a conversation, a conversation about mental health and mental health awareness. According to the Canadian Mental Health Association, by the age 40, about 50% of the population will have or have had a mental illness.
January 31st is Bell Let’s Talk Day, a chance to work together to help increase awareness, reduce stigma, and change behaviors and attitudes about mental health issues. Today, Bell will donate 5 cents to Canadian mental health programs for each of these interactions:
• Text and talk: Every text message, mobile and long distance call made by Bell Canada, Bell Aliant and Bell MTS customers
• Twitter: Every tweet using #BellLetsTalk and Bell Let’s Talk Day video view
• Facebook: Every view of the Bell Let’s Talk Day video and use of the Bell Let’s Talk frame
• Instagram: Every Bell Let’s Talk Day video view
• Snapchat: Every use of the Bell Let’s Talk geofilter and video view
If you find yourself in crisis, please reach out to your local distress centre or call 911.
Province-Wide British Columbia, BC
Crisis 24 hrs: 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
Fort St John Mental Health & Addiction Services